The Perfect Society

Have you ever felt like your life's journey took a turn to Crazyville and no matter how many U-turns you have made? You are just stuck here and waiting for someone to give you directions on how you can go back to where you came from, and you wish you didn't try to leave in the first place. Then you say to yourself, " Where's the fun in that." So, you decide to stay and make the best of it. No matter how you try, you just don't fit in, you are described as different and that to be accepted, you must become like everyone else, and you tell them that you will not change and that they either accept the way you are or just leave you alone.

Guess what? They do for a while; you go to the local grocery shop, and no one there will ring you up, and you go to other places, and the same thing happens. Can you survive this? Yes, you can. You start by walking since your car has run out of gas and you can't purchase anything. You take out your journal, which is really a notebook and a pencil, and from there, you begin your life's journey. You start by taking notes of everything, the name of your neighbors and if they have children. How long will it take you to walk from your house to the town of 6 stores and an automobile shop 1 24-hour dinner? On the outskirt of town, there is a large building named their School for grades of K-8 and Community Center. The road leads to nowhere; you just hit a lot of forests, and that is it.

  Since Crazyville is a place that time has forgotten. It is a place that still has a payphone, and everyone still has rotary telephones, and your telephone number isn't a 10 digit number. My telephone number is CVL- 8596, which stands for Crazyville Lane 8 stands for house number 8, 596 number of people that live on this lane, and yes, I have tried to call my family and friends back in Normalville that is what people call us who are city dwellers.

 I still can't remember how I got here and according to my 5 yr day planner that I made before I went out to drive to meet a client named Jonathan Dooley, yeah, with a name liked that, I should've known that something wasn't quite right stupid me. It has been only 1 month, and it feels like forever. 

John Doe, how can I be so gullible? Here I am, a burnt-out phi beta kappa, Suma Cum Laude Electric Engineer, a top-selling Pharmaceutical Representative.
Do I like what I do? Absolutely no. Why do I do it? For the money? No.  I wanted to disappoint my family and my fake friends.


 The joke was on me I made more money, became more popular, and finally married a surgeon. We have 4 children, two boys and two girls we adopted our children our sons are from Bahr al Jabal Sudan their names our Omarion he is 10 and Sami, who is 7 their parents died when war broke out in their country their parents saved them by digging a hole in the tent and placed them in them and place a mat on top of them, and they died on the mat. My husband worked with doctors without borders and paid to sneak them out of the country. He always wished he could have saved them all. I was there working on bringing electricity to their village. We barely made it out with our lives. 

  Our daughters are from South Korea; they were called the Box children of South Korea.

 Their names are Ujin, who is 7, and Seohyun, who is also 10. Omarion and Seohyun tell people that they are twins. They think it's funny when people look at them strangely. My husband and I just simply smile and say, " yes, they are."

  I am so glad I brought them along. Now, you are wondering if this is a business trip, why would I bring my children.  I'll get to that later.

 They just walked in, and I always write in my notebook, when they're in school, it wasn't my idea or theirs to go. The sheriff in the town TOLD me that it was the law and I should comply. Yes, I know this right out of some strange Stephen King novel.

Well, after walking around for a while, I noticed that someone has left a basket full of fruits and vegetables along with a dead rabbit on the back porch. Never, the front always on the back porch. I found some wild onions on my 7th day here in the black forest. So, I do know how to find wild vegetables and a fresh game or, if need be, roadkill. I am one of those people who use to watch how to survive in the wild cable shows, and also I keep handy in my glove compartment a handbook on the subject. I've been keeping my phone recharged even though it does not work.

 If I'm not mistaken, it seems that we live in a very controlled environment with some kind of force field. I am cautious right now. I don't ask the kids any questions about their schooling. I help them with their homework and notice that these books even though they look new. The information in them is pre 60's. 

My eldest son, who is 10, notices, and he was reprimanded for questioning authorities. Since he lost his temper, he was placed in their kindergarten class until. Since he is behind their schooling system and will be able to go to the next grade level once he passes each test.
I was livid and tried to reason with the sheriff, and I was told that he will have to arrest me and my children will be placed with a local family. Since I didn't want my children taken away from me in this crazy town. I acted like Anthony had done something and began to discipline him (with a strap that the officer handed me); of course, I cried and begged him to forgive me that night. 

 His brother is 6 and doesn't understand why he can't play games on my phone or why there aren't any DVD players or cd players. So, I told him to start pretending that he doesn't notice anything and go along with the rules that they have here. He promised me that he would, and he has.


Now, this town has a library and a video store, and guess what you have to buy a beta player, really a beta!!!!! I didn't think they existed after VHS players or VCR players became more popular. Since no one would sell me a beta player and my children has to be of the legal age of 21 to buy anything in this town. I had to go to the local junkyard and refurbished one; basically, I had to build one from scraps, same with the television. 

My daughter, who is 7, had packed her Hello Kitty CD/Radio/Cassette Boombox that her father brought her when she recovered from having her appendix removed last year. Well, we have AM radio station only with AM music only again, nothing pre- the '60s. Even the books at the Library are pre 60's.

I will have to figure out who is leaving me this food; I have always left a note in the basket; this person never replies. I am going to have to play their game soon if we are ever to leave this place.

 The one thing that I don't have a problem with and which makes me believe that this place is manufactured either by some scientist, government agency, or just a bunch of people who wanted to live in a time that believes that the '60s was the cause of the so-called juvenile delinquents, drugs sex and rock n' roll.  There is no segregation. Yes, someone believes that way of life was wrong. Yet everyone is married or dating their own race.
However, there is a curfew for adults and children. Children are to be in bed at 7 pm. and awake at 6:30 am. To have a complete breakfast of glass orange juice, which should  Measures 3 1/2" tall by 2 1/4 in diameter at the rim of the glass. Adults who are married must have a babysitter be indoors before 10 pm. Single women must have a babysitter and be in before 9 pm.
Failure to comply and you with have to meet with the family council. Who members are the local sheriff, a clergyman, town doctor, and one woman who happens to be the clergyman's wife, the stuffy old librarian, Mrs. MacDougal?

With a glass of milk 8 0z. toast eggs, bacon, or pancakes. No cereal whatsoever. Lazy mothers stopped cooking for their families so they can enter the workplace like a man.
  No soda pop for children under 18. A glass of milk or water. Only single mothers can work only part-time and are underpaid, of course, must wear dresses or skirts with stockings and a pair of black pumps or white pumps on Sundays, of course.
So, far that is the law in this place. The television automatically turns itself off at 10:30 pm. If your lights are on at 11 pm. or after, the local deputy makes a house call to see if everything is alright, and they need to call Dr. Lawrence Becker.
Boys and girls are not allowed in the same classrooms. Boys are in the North wing, according to their ages 5-10, 11-14 East Wing.
Girls ages 5-10 are in the South Wing, 11-14 are in the West Wing. 
Male teachers teach the boys, and Women teachers teach the girls.
Boys learn Carpentry, Math, Science; the girls aren't taught any of these courses. Any parent caught teaching the boys how to cook, sew, and teach their daughters math, science, etc. We, Will, have to meet with the committee.
Well, you may be wondering if the place is really called Crazyville, no it isn't. The name of the town is Cookborough, County. It's is located somewhere in Utica; all you have to do is make a wrong turn on Leeds and another turn. I'm guessing this is a ghost town. 
My daughter told me that her grandfather said: " Never make a trip during a total solar eclipse, following a comet and when Mars & Venus cross paths." Yes, my father is a conspiratorialist. He has over 1 million followers on his blog, Facebook, and Twitter accounts. He has written over 10 books on various subjects. He is a world-famous nut case. He would love this town.
Now,  I wish I had listened to him. My husband had left a month ago for the Lao People's Democratic Republic with a team of nurses and doctors. They suffered a devasting earthquake. Because the day before I left, it was a Thursday, and there was a comet, and that evening Mars & Venus crossed paths, and Friday morning, there was a total eclipse.  
So, the children and I are used to not seeing him around and speaking to him for months. He knew I was heading out here in Utica, and I gave my information to his family and my family. So, I know my father is looking for me. 
Well, there is a town meeting today. I'm getting ready with a dress that I made; it is dark blue with a skinny matching belt. With my council regulated  3-4 inch matching shoes with my black handbag. All dresses and skirts must be calf-length; the exact length is 45-47 inches or 114-119 cm. You must have a matching hat and gloves. 
There is a town meeting every Thursday evening @ exactly 7:00 pm; all doors will be locked if you are a minute or second late, and you will be docked $5.00 from your paycheck. Since women make at the most $15.00 a week. Since I sell pharmaceuticals, I forgot to tell you that I am now an assistant pharmacist since the pharmacist in this town is nearly 80. He is a widower and took pity on me, and at the last town meeting, he asked the council needed my assistance. 
I, of course, wasn't at any of the town meetings in my stubbornness had not complied with any of the regulations. My children were having a hard time at school, so I decided to go to that meeting in a dress that I made. I used one of the patterns that were in my food basket along with a pair of shoes.
At the same meeting, I received a job I was told I owed the town for not complying with the rules from the day I arrived Monday, August 17, 2020, minus 7 days. After 7 days, you are considered a citizen of the town, and you have to register with the committee, failure to register results in a $50 a day fine and community service. Wearing pants is a state offense $120.00 and community service. Each time I received a summons, I tore it another offense, $200.00, and other offenses. I owed the town over $3,000. I'm sure they made some of those offenses up. I always carried at least $2500 in cash and money sewed in a secret place; I don't know if someone welcomes themselves in my house when I'm not home. I have noticed things either in the wrong place or one time my bed was made. Still-freaked out about that.
There are hidden cameras in the trees, street lights, and other places where cameras are not supposed to be. Pretending not to see them. Well, I told the council I only have  $2500. Everyone was shocked. What kind of woman has that kind of money? I was asked, my quick thinking son, Sami, my youngest said:" Dad, told you that money was for us, remember?" I said: "yes, I know, I'm just holding it until you and your brother need it." Giving my son a thank you look
Yes, all women teachers were spinsters and lived on school grounds. So the council told me I was to clean each classroom and teacher dormitories after school was over. I was allowed to use the school cafeteria for cooking for the children and helping them with their homework. I am only allowed in the South & West Wing of the school. 
They complimented me on my car, a gift from my husband on our 10th wedding anniversary, a fully - restored Black 1951 Ford Country Squire Wagon. We rode in one in Cuba and fell in love with it. One of the best anniversary presents.
So, now I live in a town, that the years 1950 - 1955 still exist. Without prejudice against color, has a prejudice against women equality. Men rule, and women drool. We do have a beta player to watch movies and television shows from 1920 - 1955. Movies from the 1920s, of course, and we have AM radio news and music. Life couldn't get any boring. Now I have to meet my neighbors. 

Comments